Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cafe Con Leche


I'm fortunate enough to have experienced a lot of Latin American food. Having been raised in a Cuban household/living in Miami for so many years, I know a thing or two about good Latin American grub. When I moved up to Chicago, I figured that this was just one of the things I'd have to sacrifice to live in the big city, and boy was I wrong! Granted, you can't find Cuban food at every corner and I've only heard of one Argentinian restaurant in Chicago but there are still many great options.
One of these great options for tasty food is Cafe Con Leche in Logan Square (the best neighborhood in Chicago for those of you not familiar); not to be confused with the one in Wicker Park/Bucktown. I'm not even sure if they are the same place or have the same owner, but I've never been to the one in WP so I can't speak for it. The one in Logan Square, however, is amazing! I ordered a breakfast sandwich and a cafe con leche for under $10! The food was amazing, the servers friendly and the music was fun. They had lots of typical Cuban and Puerto Rican sandwiches on the menu that I'm definitely going to have to try next time I go. The coffee was A+ and the sandwich was perfect! Not to mention that it's nearby my house, so I can go whenever.

No comments:

Post a Comment