Friday, September 3, 2010

Cheap, Easy, Kind-of-Healthy Eats: Tuna Pasta Salad

One of the many reasons I started this blog was to share some of my recipes for cheap, easy food. Andrew and I are on a pretty small budget and we're trying to be/eat healthy (sort of...), but we definitely make the best of it! So, we will document our tried-and-true recipes AND our experiments and have weekly posts with Cheap, Easy, Kind-of-Healthy Eats!

For our first recipe post, we've got Tuna Pasta Salad. It might be kind of boring, but definitely cheap, easy and delicious! It's a big comfort food for me, not to mention that it's good for me to take to work for lunch seeing as we don't have a microwave (but we do have a fridge)!

I will warn y'all: My camera is at the repair shop till he 15th of September so unfortunately both the blog and my etsy shop will be suffering due to this. Please excuse my crappy iPhone pictures!

What You'll Need:
  • 1 box of Farfalle
  • 2 cans (5oz) of Solid White Albacore
  • 1/2 of a medium Red Onion 
  • 1 small Tomato
  • 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise (or more if you love mayonnaise like I do)
  • 2 cups Baby Spinach leaves
  • Salt + Pepper to your liking
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
First, boil the pasta.


While the pasta is boiling, chop up your 1/2 onion and tomato and place in a bowl.



Then, drain two cans of tuna to get rid of the liquid and throw in bowl with onion/tomato. Mix together.



Next, add in mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Cover and place in the fridge.



When the pasta is done cooking, rinse in cold water and add olive oil and more crushed pepper. Combine with tuna/onion/tomato mixture. Cover and refridgerate until cool, about 20 mins.




Right before serving, mix in washed baby spinach leaves into the pasta and serve! Bon appetit!


Let me know what you think of this recipe! Also, for this interested, I will be updating my etsy shop with new things tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment